WorkSafe’s FREE online course introduces key ideas and tools to assist you and your organisation with developing healthier, safer, and more productive work practices.
- NZQA approved micro-credential
- Digital badge, ‘Kia Haumaru! Kia Matatū! SafePlus’
- Five credits at level 4 on the New Zealand Qualifications and Credentials Framework (NZQCF)
Duration: 50 hours over six weeks, working at times that suit you.
Who it’s for:
- Senior managers, owners, directors, trustees, and others who hold governance and leadership responsibilities in small or medium-sized organisations
- Line managers and health and safety representatives (HSRs) in any-sized organisation.
This NZQA approved Level 4 credential is for people with responsibility for, or roles related to, health and safety at work. It is not aimed at health and safety professionals.
Content highlights include:
- An introduction to present-day health and safety principles and good practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- The parts of effective risk management and the hierarchy of controls
- The health model Te Whare Tapa Whā and its application to support healthy work
- An introduction to using SafePlus to guide health and safety improvements at work
- The range of health and safety professions in Aotearoa New Zealand, their roles and functions.
How to enrol
This course is NZQA approved and available to applicant's living in New Zealand. Enrolment places are limited.
Academic requirements: Open entry.
English language requirements
If English is not the applicant’s first language, applicants will need to provide a result from a test or qualification on the acceptable alternatives English Proficiency Outcomes Table:
- IELTS 5.5 General or Academic (no lower than 5.0 in each band)
Note: New Zealand citizens or permanent residents who do not have evidence of English language skills (e.g. UE or a tertiary qualification Level 4 or above), may be contacted to sit an assessment.