Is this course for me?
You will attend a blended learning course based at the Whataroa Hub to help you create your own personalised Farm Plan (FP) through a series of supported, guided workshops.
Work alongside other farmers in your catchment, discuss common issues, discover new ideas or solutions to improving the water quality in your community.
- Duration: 4 months
- 17th March: Meet-up Online orientation and account creation. Local Support (Stacey, Mark, Leo or Lyn)
- 31st March: Workshop / Farm visit Introduction to the program - Understand risk and mitigation on-farm. Dairy Training NZ (Stu/Hamish)
- 14th April: Supported session Review the online learning platform. Start your plan by identifying risks. Start completing the Farm Plan template. Local Support (Stacey, Mark, Leo or Lyn)
- 28th April: Workshop Continue your Farm Plan, create actions, group discussion on common risks. Dairy Training NZ (Stu/Hamish)
- 12th May: Supported session Introduction to Greenhouse Gas emissions (GHG). Local Support (Stacey, Mark, Leo or Lyn)
- 26th May: Workshop GHG – understand your numbers and creating a plan. Dairy Training NZ (Rachael)
- 9th June: Supported session Check-in on template progress. Local Support (Stacey, Mark, Leo or Lyn)
- 23rd and 24th June: Farm visit Receive an on-farm visit to look at your plan, check progress and see if anything’s missing. Dairy Training NZ (Stu/Hamish)